Loss of Owner

Loss of Owner

Needs to Re-title/Register an automobile upon loss of Owner

Needed Papers

The documents that are following expected to offer or designate the car in relation to the legal rights of Survivorship (please be aware “Exceptions” below):

Car is jointly titled to renters because of The Entirety (partners):

  • A duplicate regarding the Death Certificate identifying the spouse that is surviving.

Car is jointly en en titled and name states ownership to be Joint Tenants or Partners:

  • A duplicate associated with the Death Certificate.

Vehicle titled to dead only and ownership states Transfer on Death “TOD”:


  • A duplicate associated with Death Certificate.
  • A page from an officer associated with the court saying that the dead died intestate, there is absolutely no estate become probated or even the property will not need to be probated, and names the person who may have the legal rights of ownership towards the automobile.